“But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.” – Isaiah 40:31.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Personal Records


Last year I entered my first 5k (Living Waters 5k) as an incentive to get moving and lose some weight after the birth of my 3rd boy. I had no idea it would be the beginning of a beautiful relationship with running. My goal for that first race was to not finish last! I finished in 30:29 and was so proud of myself. I couldn't wait to try and beat that time! I started entering every race I possibly could. I looked at them as small goals to keep myself motivated! I set a personal record last Saturday, November 28th. Ironically, it was in the same race where I first found my love for running, The Living Waters 5k. I finished first in my age group 30-34 with a time of 26:05! I love pushing myself! I never imagined I would enjoy it this much. The sweat, the sore muscles, the nauseating feeling I get when I push my body to the limit and then keep going. Most of all, the peace that I have when I can spend that time meditating on the Lord and how good He is. That is the time that I talk to Him, share with Him, and listen to Him.
I am thankful for my friend Gina. When she comes to visit from Chicago she runs with me as a gesture of support. What a loyal, and loving friend she is!

2 comments:

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Thank you for your comment and WELCOME!! We have a lot in common, my LOVE (addiction) started with a 5K when I was soooo out of shape.

Good luck this weekend! Will add you to High Five Friday..

April said...

Thank you so much!!! Mom's like you are such an inspiration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...