“But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.” – Isaiah 40:31.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

We All Fall Down

The secret is to pick yourself back up again. 
This week has been trying..to say the least.  My littlest prince has some upper resp. crud that has been plaguing him for a couple months and he just can't seem to shake it. Antibiotics and breathing treatments have been little help.  We found the problem this week when a strange odor started coming from his room.  My first thought was that one of the little princes peed on the floor.  They like to pee in random places, i.e, garbage cans, the neighbors bushes, Lowe's garden section.....the joys of little boys! 
So in preparation to steam clean the carpet, I moved little prince's crib.  I was horrified, there was a patch of moldy, mildewed carpet about 2'x3' under the crib and the wall and base boards were warped from water damage.  I have no idea how long it has been leaking.  I felt horrible that every night after I give little prince a breathing treatment I lay him in a crib surrounded by mold and mildew, which inevitably is causing his breathing problems.  Poor baby!!
We had a new roof put on in December because of severe hail damage last year and of course our first thought was that it was coming down from a leak in the roof.  We had the original roofer and a separate roofer both come look at the roof and they both told us different things.  We also had a foundation expert come and look at the foundation to see if it could be coming from there(We are on a concrete slab).  So far, we have three different answers(guesses).   Insurance man came out yesterday and said he thought is was from flooding.? Makes no sense to us since it hasn't flooded by us EVER, and we are on a hill........I don't like insurance men. Do we have flood insurance?...no...why?...because we are not in a flood zone and our Ins. man told us we didn't need it.  The one thing that all four men told us for sure was that it would cost some serious moolah to fix. 
On top of that, I re-injured my back this past weekend(an old disc injury from my tumbling days) and it put me out of running commission for 3 days.  Doesn't seem like much, but running is my outlet. It's the one hour a day I have to myself, to gain perspective, to pray, to unwind.
Combine those things with the fact that I have had little sleep due to little prince sharing our room, and it isn't good.  Yesterday I started to have a pity party. I allowed myself to fall into the trap of anxiety,guilt and doubt.  I let myself become overwhelmed by "things". 


This morning I woke up early and spent some time in prayer. The Lord always helps me put things in perspective.
Today I'm thankful.  I'm thankful that little prince is starting to breathe better. I'm thankful the water damage was isolated to one area. I'm thankful that today my back feels better and I can go for a run.
I was reminded this morning of Philippians 4:6(NLV) "Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done."
More than anything, I'm thankful that I serve a God who is more than enough and can meet
all my needs.  Phillipians 4:19 "And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus."
It comforts me to know that I have King who cares about my circumstances, who cares about me and doesn't want me to feel anxious or overwhelmed.

What are you anxious about today?  
How do you handle your anxiety?

I am heading out for my first run of the week and I will be running with joy!

If your new to my blog, welcome! If your not new, thanks for stopping by!
I love reading your comments and feedback!


Grace and peace,

4 comments:

Jen said...

Praise God that you found what was probably causing him issues. That is a miracle in itself.

I found your post today... so refreshing. I have been complaining of all of the snow we have been hit with (4 feet now - I haven't run in like 7 days) and I realize... maybe God wants me to appreciate all of his creations... He loves me in abundance... and so He gave me snow in abundance to appreciate... perhaps not snow exactly, but my warm house, electricty (many people are out)... and I watched my son play in... and he had so much fun!

As I am learning to appreciate all of God's creations (not sure spiders will ever hear my praise), I am also thankful that I serve a God that loves me in abundance!

BTW: check out my blog for a giveaway!

Julie said...

Hi April,
I am sorry that your #1 little prince is not feeling well...it is always hard when the kids get sick. Your comment about the boys peeing anywhere that they can find made me smile and think of my oldest son. When he was four we were in a furniture store. We were just looking and walking around. I looked and noticed that my son was peeing in the corner in one of those really big artificial plants:) Hi there, nothing to see here, just a little boy going pee in a plant!! I was pretty embarrassed, but it was very funny:)

April have a great run today:) Your blog is very positive and friendly...I like that:) Have a great day!!

Glenn Jones said...

Ugh. Sorry to hear about this. Of course the Insurance Man would say that the cause is something that you're not covered for. Creep.

Love your attitude. It *is* all about how you pick yourself up...

Deanna @ The Unnatural Mother said...

That stinks, can we try to find the good? Let's see you found the issue, it will be removed, and little man will be back to normal soon!! It has to be really hard, I know I'd feel the same way however you have a great attitude and will get through this!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...