“But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.” – Isaiah 40:31.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

3 Things- a day in the life...

1. Have I mentioned lately that I love my job? I work at my church....and we have a great staff of wonderful people.  This Christmas we are collecting toys for the local foster care kids.  Someone dropped off a bike today..so I tried it out.
I'm thinking this could kick off my triathlon training season.....or not.....

2. I'm doing everything possible to clear my head before the big M on Saturday.  I feel no anxiety at all. Seriously. *eye twitch*  -Though I do have to say there has been one thing that is consuming a good bit of my time this week.
ROCK'EM & SOCK'EM folks!!  MP got this for his b-day on Saturday and we have played everyday since.  The kids and I (and sometimes the older folk) have the best competitions!  I don't care how old you are....I'm not letting you win.;)      The taper may be affecting me a little more than I thought.

3. 2 days until the big M......and I am reminded how good God is! God does answer prayers....3 days ago the weather was predicted to be 30's with freezing rain.   NOW the weather looks to be in the mid 50's with no rain until Saturday night!!! Thank. You. Lord!

I probably won't post again until after the marathon...tomorrow is the expo, carbo dinner, and all my last minute prep.......

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend the next time you hear from me I will be an "elite" athlete! (again only in my head)

Grace and peace,

12 comments:

Melissa said...

Best of luck! You trained hard and I know you will do great :)

Emz said...

You'll do awesome!!

I love #1.

I too love my job. How awesome is it!!! YAY YOU!!

Julie D. said...

Yahooo!! God IS good!! good luck! :)

Unknown said...

Good luck, and may the weather cooperate just as much here in Oregon this weekend. Can't wait to read your recap, Ms. Elite.

Julie @ HotlegsRunner said...

God was my pacer last Sunday during my first marathon! The best pacer ever! =) Have fun in your marathon and may our good Lord be with you. =)

Aimee said...

Good luck! You're going to do awesome!

BabyWeightMyFatAss said...

Good luck! Remember you trained for this! You got it!

ajh said...

Good luck and have a ton of fun!

EricaH said...

good luck!!!! looking forward to the race report. :)

RockStarTri said...

You.
Will.
Do.
Great!

Also, that bike is HAWT. Everyone will want one.

Derek said...

Good luck and enjoy your first marathon, it's one you will always remember!

Tricia said...

good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...