“But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.” – Isaiah 40:31.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Feeling good about this week...



Having moved from Chicago to Alabama 13yrs ago, I never realized how much I missed snow until we got 8 inches last week.  We had a blast playing in it.  I love snow.  I really do, but there are huge differences in Chicago snow and Alabama snow.
For instance, 8 inches of snow in Chicago would barely even slow traffic. 8 inches of snow in AL shut the northern half of the state down for an entire week.  Also, in Chicago salt is put on the roads before the snow even starts. In Alabama you are lucky if they put a little sand on the bridges and overpasses...3 days after it snows.
Oh, one more little difference......
sledding in a pick-up truck bed liner.....
 I did say I live in Alabama now...right?

We enjoyed the snow, but I am over it.

Really looking forward to the kids going back to school tomorrow.

After skipping most of my runs last week, I ventured out on Friday for a 5 miler.
Saturday I got in an 8 miler.
Sunday I had a great Pilates/yoga session.
I had forgotten how much I enjoyed Pilates.  Last August when  I started marathon training, I cut out almost all other cross-training because of time constraints.  This year I want to be a stronger runner and that means having a strong core and balanced muscles.

Tonight, my friend Angie(who started hiding indoors as soon as the temps went below 40) is going for a run with me.  Afterward we are gonna work-out arms in her home gym.  I have been running with Angie for almost a year and it didn't occur to me until about 2 weeks ago to invite myself to use her home gym. Actually, she did invite me, I just dropped a ton of hints.  Angie is one of my most favorite people!  Plus, like me, she pees when she laughs really hard!
Looking forward to it.


"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
- Martin Luther King Jr.    

Hope your having a great start to the week!!

Grace and peace,



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...