“But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.” – Isaiah 40:31.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

What's your arch-nemesis?

Mine is clean eating.
I don't eat horrible.  In fact, most of my friends would tell you I'm suffering because I don't eat doughnuts or cupcakes. In fact, I would never even share this with some of them because they think us "runners" are fanatics about health...(well we kinda are?)  They will also tell you that I LOVE candy and once I start eating it....I don't stop. Truly...I love candy. Skittles, milkduds, twizzlers, tootsie rolls, starburst......love candy.  So I try to avoid it at all costs. 
Weekdays, eating is not usually a problem.  I'm on a schedule:

B'fast: Oatmeal (every morning for the last 4years) I like it!

post run or workout: Protein drink

this is what I'm snacking on right now at my desk.
10am: almonds or fruit around at my desk

noon: I usually bring my lunch, fish or chicken with steamed veggies

2pm: protein bar or almonds at my desk again

Problem Area
5pm-10pm: dinner is usually pretty sketchy.  It's a mad dash to get kids to ball, get to church, running group, or whatever extra curricular we have going on. J is really great about grilling enough chicken and fish on the weekend that I can grab something quickly.  If we are out, I'll grab a protien bar and an apple. There are times where I don't eat until the kiddos are in bed around 9:30-10:00pm! I am very aware that this area needs work.


But on the weekends......I pretty much eat anything.  It usually starts on Friday night, I tell myself I'm going to allow myself a free day....and then a day turns into 2 or 3.  Come Monday I feel sluggish and bloated from all the processed foods, sugar, sodium and all the other gross stuff I ingested on my free "day".
I have no problem committing to God, family, church, running, even losing weight! I have no problem losing weight, but when it comes to clean eating I just don't do it!  I start out with great momentum and then once I get sidetracked that's it....if anything I should eat clean as an example to my kids!

I wasn't even going to post today.  So, what got me started on this?  I read this Clean Eating Pt 1: by Mary at Fit this, girl! check out her amazing before and after pics.  She committed to clean eating 3 months ago and was already in great shape. Totally inspiring!

So, I may commit....I may not....I'll let you know Monday. :)

What is your arch-nemesis.....the one thing you can't defeat or commit to?


Grace and peace,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...