High Intensity Interval Training =O.U.C.H.
Last night I tried something new. I've been looking for new ways to step up my training and I came across this article A HIIT Workout Routine . The article explains the difference in fat burning during a HIIT session and fat burning during a steady state run and then suggests a workout that incorporates both. Read the article....it's very interesting.
Last night I did the workout suggested in the article HERE.
10 minutes of HIIT, 25 minutes of steady state, and another 10 minutes of lower intensity HIIT
I was spent at the end of the 25 min steady state and really had to push to finish the 10 min of lower intensity HIIT.
I'm going to add two HIIT sessions a week into my regular training and see what the results are. From what I have read, it sure can't hurt.
A big thank you to Monica, from Brunette on a Mission. She awarded me this little gem:
There are a few things that go along with this, so here are my responsibilities (and yours if I give it to you):
~Make a post about it and link back to the gracious giver.
~Share 7 things about yourself.
~Pass it on to 3(it actually said 15 but I'm changing the rules) other Stylish bloggers that you recently discoveredHere are the 7 wonders of me....
1. I live my life by a never-ending series of goals and to-do lists. When I’m not on a schedule I don’t know what to do with myself....I'm sure that wasn't a real shocker to most of you...;)
2. I have my grandmothers’ hands; my brother's affectionately refer to me as "banana hands". When I was a teenager I hated them and wished I had delicate feminine hands. Now I love them and think of my grandma when I look at them.
3. I laugh when I’m nervous, sometimes really loudly and at inappropriate times.
4. I think that my kids are the kindest, smartest, best looking, most loving, kids I’ve ever met! I thank God everyday for blessing me as their mother.
5. I have had the same best friend for 21years. Her name is Gina and she moved in across the street from me
in 6th grade. She was raised by her dad, I was raised by my mom. In 21 years we have never argued.
6. I don’t like red meat, and I refuse to eat meat if it has bones in it. It grosses me out!
7. I was a mischievous kid. When I was 6 I got caught trying to break into a neighbors house with a screwdriver...who knows why...apparently total lack of parental supervision....that neighbor later ended up marrying my mom.
Here are the 3 stylish bloggers that I have recently discovered:
1. Katie at How We Roll: Katie's Blog About Marathoning and Mothering
2. Grace at Grace, It's Amazing
3. H Love at Keep on Keeping on (I didn't just recently discover this one....but it rocks!)
Grace and peace,