“But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.” – Isaiah 40:31.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

3 Things Thursday

I can't believe it's already Thursday! This week has been super busy and just flew by!

1. I registered for the County Music Half Marathon in Nashville this morning.  I know, I know....cutting it close.  I never, ever register more than 2 weeks in advance for a race.  The reason is because hubby's work schedule can change dramatically from one week to the next and I never know if I will have someone to watch the 3 princes.  I have lost money on several races because his schedule changes or a babysitters falls through....most of the time on the smaller races I register the morning of the race. Thankfully, none of the races I've register for have been full.  I was a little concerned about this one because it is such a popular race, but there were no problems. 

2. I'm having shoe issues that I hope to have resolved before the half. First of all, let me say that when you get a new pair of running shoes it is not a good idea to run 11 miles in them the first day.....uh-duh.....and then a 6 miler the second day...double uh-duh..... you are supposed to ease new running shoes into your running routine.  Yesterday, I took a mandatory rest day to stretch and ice my knees, thighs, and hips, which were all throbbing.  Yesterday I also had serious doubts to whether or not I could run a half in sub 2hrs. Funny how a little pain can totally shake you. A product of my own stupidity.
Today I donned my "old" running shoes on a 4.92 mile run and I feel FANTASTIC. Seriously, I guess I babied myself just right yesterday because today I have NO pain but better than that....I have no doubts.  Really I have no doubts because my faith in God is so much stronger than my faith in myself.  I know that I will fail myself over and over again, but God will never fail me and that gives me the confidence to know that I CAN do all things through Christ who strengthens me(Phil 4:13), and that includes running a sub 2hr half marathon!

3. Me and 4 of my girlfriends are taking a KID-FREE and HUBBY-FREE vacation!! It has been years since I have had an all girls getaway!  A friend of mine has a condo right on the ocean we will be staying at. We are going right before Mother's Day as a mother's day gift to ourselves!  I can not be more excited!  What I'm really looking forward to is sleeping past 5:30am.....wow have my vacation expectations really changed since I've had kids!!!:)

Hope you all have a fantastic day and a blessed weekend!!

If you're new to my blog, welcome! If you're not new, thanks for stopping by!  I love reading your comments and feedback!
Grace and peace,

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous, I would love to the race in Nashville!! Maybe next year

Seth said...

glad you're feeling better and have a refreshed mind. keep it up.

H Love said...

a mommy getaway sounds wonderful. Enjoy and Congrats on the half! good times to come!

Julie said...

Hi April,
I would love to be able to run in that half marathon!! Nashville is such a fun city:) I have a half marathon on Saturday. I am thinking that we would run about the same pace...I am also trying to get mine under that 2:00 mark! Say a little prayer for me:) I will say one for you!! Take care!

ajh said...

I'm at an all girl getaway right now and it is great!

Glenn Jones said...

I'm like you - I wait as long as possible to sign up for a race becuase there are just so man things that ca go wrong - espically when training for the loger races (marathons, halfs). But these days it seems that the big ones are also selling out! The last three big races I've run have all sold ot a couple months before race day - all with 20,000 or more runners. Then on top of that, the San Diego Rock n' Roll which *never* sells out is sold out two months before race day! That's over 25,000 runners! What's going on?

Glad you have been able to figure out the issue wih your shoes. You should be able to take the new ones back to Fleet Feet and exchange them for something that's going to work!

Unknown said...

the nashville race sounds like fun.

so does the get-away with the girls. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...