“But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.” – Isaiah 40:31.

Monday, April 26, 2010

I.DID.IT!

 

I did it, I did it, I did it, Yeah!! I finished the Country Music Half Marathon in under 2hrs!! 1:58:54 to be exact!!
I am still on cloud nine! It wasn't much under 2hrs, but I don't care. It was by far the hardest course I have ever run because it was extremely hilly.  I'm happy that I prepared with hill training, otherwise this would have been a nightmare.
I will have a full race re-cap tomorrow!!  
Thank you for all your encouraging words!!
 
If you're new to my blog, welcome! If you're not new, thanks for stopping by!  I love reading your comments and feedback!

Grace and peace,
 

11 comments:

Jen said...

Way to go... I am so excitedf or you.

BTW: Check out my blog for a giveaway. It is Day 1 of the Five Days of Giveaways.

Julie said...

Hi April,
Woo hoo, you rocked it!! Nice work...can't wait for the full report!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! Great job!

Judi said...

Great race! Look forward to your report! I would love to run a 1/2 under 2 hours! You'll have to share your tips! :)

Irene said...

I hope, someday, to run a sub 2 hour half marathon, just like you did. Congratulations! You rocked it!

Stacey said...

Well done! Congrats!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!

Erica said...

great job!!! bask in that feeling you deserve it!

dawn @ running the dawn said...

Awesome job! You look amazing in the finishline picture. Absolute joy!

Glenn Jones said...

Congratulations April! I heard the weather was pretty dicey, so great job under adverse conditions! Can't wait for the full RR.

Aimee said...

Woohoo! Congrats on your race! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...