“But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.” – Isaiah 40:31.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

3 Things Thursday

Love Your Library 5k and Running Readers 1 mile

1.  This Saturday I was planning on running my first 5k of 2011, the but plans have changed.  The event coordinator needed some more help, so I volunteered.  I think I am more excited about working the water aid station than I was about actually running the race.  LP(9) and MP(7) both decided to run the 5k.  I'm a little nervous for MP.  This will be his first 5k and he is running it with out mommy!! He has done plenty of 1 mile fun runs, and even a couple 2 milers, but never the full 5k.  I asked LP if he would stay with his little brother and he said "No way!".  Thankfully I know several people coming to watch other runners, so I am going to try and strategically place them along the route.  I'm so proud of my running boys! sniff, sniff...


2. Monday night I went to a leadership seminar for the Volunteers Center.  I have really had on my heart lately to reach out more into the community and find a way for my church to get more involved in community matters as well.  Well, before the night had ended I was part of a team that works with on a program called Cinderella's Closet. 
Cinderella's closet provides formal wear and accessories to high school girls who can not afford to purchase their own for prom, pageants, and other formal events.  Through donations of new and gently used formal dresses and accessories, they are able to fulfill the dreams of high school girls.
I am very excited and honored to be a part of this great program!
This is NOT Cinderella's Closet....

this is a disaster aka: April's Closet.:(

3.  This morning I spent 15 mins trying to find the match to my shoe in my closet....I think it's time to clean her out.  I still have clothes in there from high school. I mean it's not like it was that long ago. 15 years to be exact.....I don't know why I am hanging on to some of that stuff.  I still have my jazz shoes from 1994, like I'm ever going to wear those again! And I still have this number from prom:
a beauty huh? Yikes! We all hang on to something! I just can't bear to part with it for some reason.  I need help.  There is no way I can do it by myself.  I am OCD about everything else in my life except my closet...it's just easy to throw stuff in there and close the door.
 I lost my Garmin Saturday....I put it on the kitchen counter after my long run and haven't seen it since.  J says it was probably thrown in my closet with everything else....I guess I'll find out...I kind of glanced around in there for it last night but didn't see it.  If ever there was cause to clean out my closet, finding Garmin is it!  I need Garmin....bad.

What ridiculous items do you hang on to from your past?

Hope you are all having a wonderful day!!



Grace and peace,












 

3 comments:

H Love said...

PANIC!! Good luck on finding your Garmin! I hang on to things as well...thinking my kids will think it is neat later. Who knows...I think my closet is calling my name.

ajh said...

I have a hard time getting rid of stuff. And of course once I do I want it. But it is time for me to purge again.

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

I love the thought of donating gently worn dresses! What do you mean you aren't going to wear the sequined turquoise dress again?!?! :)\

Good luck to the kiddos in the 5k!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...